What is remote support?
Remote support is essentially advanced telepresence using an assisted reality mobile device like a smartphone, tablet or hands-free smart glasses to share one’s view of a situation
with another person or person(s) via live audio and point-of-view video. There’s no need to wait for a resolution, pay for an SME to travel, verbally explain or fumble with traditional video
conferencing solutions. The key feature is the real-time sharing of the user’s viewpoint, which enables see-what-I-see communication, and typically the remote professional’s ability to annotate the user’s screen or field of view (AR).
With remote support, companies today are:
- Getting the most out of the workforce despite the skills gap
- Reducing downtime (greater efficiency)
- Saving on travel (immediate connection)
- Accelerating digital transformation and seeing ancillary benefits like reduced training time and a lower carbon footprint
- Developing new service offerings for customers